Apartments are called “communities” at Cardinal Group for a reason. Creating an environment for residents to not only know who their neighbors are but be able to spend time together and actually become friends is a concept Cardinal builds their communities around.
And what better of a time than November to encourage this concept even more. November is the season of giving and being thankful. It is also, in the leasing world, a prime time for resident referrals and renewals.
We encourage you to take a look at the video above and create a great resident event just like this one called “Friendsgiving”. When residents eat together, they renew together.
This resident event will bring residents together and create a true community vibe that Cardinal Group strives for. It’s time to stray away from the breakfasts on the go (and other events like it) and really focus on resident interaction and memorable experiences.
So how exactly can you creative this event? Take a look at the steps below and you’ll find it is relatively simple and inexpensive.
- Setup tables in hallways, elevator lobbies on each floor, or other easily accessible common area. Hallways and elevator lobbies are likely your best bet as you’re more likely to get neighbors that are nearby to attend.
- Place table cloths on top of tables. Top table with a small flower arrangement, battery powered candles, and other small table decorations.
- Set out tables a few days ahead of the event and place a flyer that describes the event and a sign-up sheet for a potluck.
- On the day of the dinner in your hallway or elevator lobby bring by wine, bread, or a main dish for each table to enjoy during their potluck. (We suggest having the community provide the turkey for the residents).
- Finally, add in a few table cards for icebreakers to help lead attendees into having conversations.
It is encouraged to not only hold this as a Thanksgiving event but continue this event on throughout the year. Maybe do this monthly, bi-weekly, or even weekly, and you’ll find that more and more residents will begin to come. Your community will be known for this unique and memorable experience.